System Requirements for Alphacam and Part Modeler
- 32 or 64-bit Intel Pentium 4 processor (2 GHz or faster), Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, AMD Phenom or later, in single, dual or quad core versions
- 4 GB of RAM
To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend a 64-bit operating system and 2GB RAM for each processor as a minimum.
- 10 GB free disk space for the Alphacam installation
- Graphics card
We recommend Workstation graphics cards and that the latest WHQL certified driver for the card is installed.
- 17" Colour monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the Alphacam security key (unless using keyless licensing)
Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- If a security key is fitted we recommend that you check for updates to the security key driver.
- If you experience issues with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacture we recommend that you check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- Alphacam will install and run on 64-bit versions of these operating systems, where applicable (note that Alphacam is a 32-bit & 64-bit application)
- Alphacam and Part Modeler will install and run on the 'home' editions of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any Alphacam or Part Modeler issues specifically related to these operating systems
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003,Server 2008 and Windows 7.
Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Safenet Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the new keys for use on a virtual server.
- Alphacam 2015 R1 was the last release that could be installed on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by Alphacam
The Alphacam installer will install any prerequisite Microsoft redistributable packages if they are not already present on your system.